This project will run till the end of january and it’s about my identity as a maker. Again I’m focusing on ceramic sculptures that have concepts based on interaction. One large part of this is that I’ll have to look at what interaction is important to me. Here is my initial research.
and this is my first paper maquette.
hi, so this is just the end results of my last project. The brief was to create a working light (including all the wiring!). I chose to go down the ceramic route again and it was a bit of a squeeze for time at the end because it was a five week project.
This is my initial research here.
My pieces were all about interaction, a theme that I plan to continue with.
So this is my refractory mould out the kiln at last!!
This is the view from the top, I had no idea how the colours would have mixed at this point.
Just soaking the glass here so that I could get off all the plaster without breaking my work.
And now the glass!!
This is the reservoir for the glass which was cut off with a clipper saw.
Here there’s a groove that was cut in with the clipper saw, it’s where my extension will hopefully fit into.
So I tried to make a thin layer of jesmonite in my mould but it didn’t quite work due to the shape…in other news my mould is now covered in fibre glass strands!
Such pretty vivid colours…. I just wanted to keep making these little things.
Here I’m melting the wax out of my mould on the steamer
ready for the glass to go in.
This clay dude is like the one I made at home but I’ll
be able to fire her here, can’t wait to glaze.
This little guy is one of Isobel’s that she gave me,
check out his little face!! so cute :D
aaaand my cluttered desk